Martial Arts Perth: How Would You Like To Have Fun, Make New Friends, and Get In The Best Shape Of Your Life?
…All While Learning Skills That Will Protect You and Your Loved Ones
When Helen joined WAIMA’s Martial Arts Perth program 9 years ago, her goal was to get in shape and have some fun along the way. She never realized that what she’d learned at WAIMA would end up saving her life… One night, Helen and her boyfriend were walking from the bus port to the Perth underground train station, and they were attacked. There were six of them, and they were just out looking for violence. It’s scary to think about the purely evil people in the world, but sadly, there are people out there that just want to hurt others. That’s exactly what happened that night… As the six men closed in on Helen and her boyfriend with the intent to hurt and probably kill them, the training that she had received at WAIMA automatically kicked in. Although Helen’s boyfriend did receive some injuries, it could have been a lot worse… What about Helen? She walked away from the incident with just a few scratches on her knee – she gives the training that she learned at WAIMA the credit for saving her life and the life of her boyfriend that night. It’s easy to think, “It won’t happen to me,” but when it does, you’re glad that you have the skills to protect yourself and those around you… But what about getting into shape? Is martial arts really as effective as going to the gym? Yes. It’s actually more effective and a lot more fun…
Here’s Why Martial Arts Is Better Than The Gym…
- There’s no fumbling with confusing machines or workout routines – You’ll be guided by an experienced instructor to maximize your workout and minimize your risk of injury
- Get a better workout than the gym – During each session you’ll improve your cardiovascular health, flexibility, and agility
- Unlike the gym, you’ll get to meet new people and build relationships with people that are also committed to getting into shape, making new friends, and having fun
- Get the accountability you need to achieve your goals and stay motivated
- It’s fun – You’ll get to push your body to do things you’ve never done before – You won’t even feel like you’re working out
- Everyone is welcome – All age groups from late teens to senior citizens can benefit from our adult martial arts program
- You don’t have to be in great shape to get started – Come as you are!
If you’re ready to make a positive change in your life, get in shape, and learn how to defend yourself from the evils of the world, you need to…
Our Members Sharing Their WAIMA Journey…
I have been training at WAIMA for 6 years and made some fantastic memories during this time. Achieving my 1st Dan in Zen Do Kai, Green singlet in Muay Thai & receiving my Tomadachi cross, rank highly in my life accomplishments, but I think it’s the people I have met along the way that make it so enjoyable. Some of my closest friends I’ve met through training at WAIMA and this along with the real world skills taught in class is what keeps me coming back each and every week ~ Chariss Noreika
I’ve been a student at WAIMA for 7 years now and it’s taken me on a journey and helped me achieve personal goals I never thought possible. I have recently received the rank of Brown Belt, an achievement which seemed far away when I first started training all those years ago. I was luck enough to train under Mick Bell and survive our Krav Maga training, receiving my Black P10 shirt which was an experience I will never forget. My fondest moment was being awarded the Tomadachi Cross which was one of the proudest moments of my life. So now I look forward to setting and achieving my new goals, rising to the rank of Black Belt and furthering my Krav Maga training. The club to me really is like a family, from the instructors to the students, everyone is there to help and guide each other in both training, self development and life. The life lessons I have learned in my time at WAIMA have been invaluable in my personal development and how I carry myself outside the Dojo. To everyone at WAIMA I thank you with all my heart and I’ll see you at training. ~ Simon Boyne